RE: [IPk] Re: High bgs 2 hours after meal

Anna

If you use the super bolus method you may find that you need to reduce your
basals/total daily insulin amounts.  If you find it works fine and that you are
not having such long spells when your BG level is raised/spiked high, you will
get less insulin resistance.  The extra insulin sensitivity that happens once
you flattened or reduced the spikes,  means that if you do go low,  that you
shouldn't necessarily think that you are going hypo due to the super bolus
method but you may just need a reduction in your total daily dose and you may
need to adjust the basals if you begin to use the Super bolus method regularly
and it works well.

 You may have noticed how insulin sensitive one becomes when you have a whole
day
with levels under 7 mmols or a few days where your BG level has remained mostly
in target level.

Jackie mum of Sasha

> Hi Nanette
>
>  I was very interested to read your comments, as I have just started on an
> insulin pump too and have the same problem as Laura.? Have you found that the
> Super Bolus makes you any more prone to hypoglycaemia before your
> next meal?? If
> not, this sounds like a great solution!
>
> Many thanks,
> Anna
>
> contact: HELP@insulin-pumpers.org

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080703-0, 03/07/2008
Tested on: 03/07/2008 17:59:03