RE: [IPk] Well, I'm back ...

Hi Pat

Welcome back.  I did ask Di where you were and if anything had happened to you,
but she was suitabaly non commita as to where you were and what you were doing
and now its too late for me to come and break into your house (even if I knew
where it was)!!!!

It great to hear that you have been having a good time in Japan but not good to
hear about the hand ops.  Good to hear that you have handed in your PhD

Jackie

> Well, I'm back, as Sam Gamgee says at the end of the Lord of the Rings.
>
> Nothing as final as the final book of the trilogy, in my case, though.
>
> It's been nearly a year since I posted/received, so some explanation is
> in order to those of you who wonder where I went, and those who don't
> know who I am!
>
> I used to post a lot, but about a year ago I decided to desubscribe for
> a bit.
>
> The main prompt at the time was that I was going to Japan for a long
> holiday, and since so many people know where I live, I didn't want that
> advertised here.
>
> A secondary consideration was that my hands were agony.
>
> And a third was that I really needed to concentrate on my PhD.
>

> Sooo.... now I'm back.
>

> Japan was wonderful.  Even though my pump had a major hissy fit en route
> to Heathrow, and Di was an angel and tried to get me support, but in the
> end I just lived with a pump that died every time I touched the battery
> lid.
>

> I had three hand operations.
>
> I moved house twice: husband's job relocated to York, I decided to stay
> in Surrey but not to face the commute from Ash Vale any longer so moved
> to a nice flat in Woking (we are still married, btw, and the disabled
> rail card comes in very handy).  He works every other week from the
> second bedroom in the flat.
>
> And, last Friday, I handed in my PhD thesis.
>
> Alas, I can't join you on the 18th as (yet again, nothing changes) it
> clashes with the Surrey Archaeology Society council meeting.
>
> More about me (for those who are still bothering to read this):
> I've been a pumper for 8 years.  Currently with a Cozmo.   I work full
> time as Surrey's Heritage Manager, have just finished a part-time PhD in
> archaeology, and am looking forwards to getting back to Pumpers, more
> stable bgs (I went hypo twice a day during the final week before
> submission), and am planning to use my newly reclaimed freetime to read
> more speculative fiction and do some other stuff ... I've not decided
> what yet.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Pat
>
> (ps the cats are in Woking, and I missed you for advice on settling them
> in, June!)
> --
> Pat Reynolds
>
> It may look messy now ...
>          ... but just you come back in 500 years time (T. Pratchett).
> .

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080702-0, 02/07/2008
Tested on: 02/07/2008 22:56:29