Re: [IPk] List of carbs in UK food

Hi Di

I looked it up, and its not a legal requirement.  This is what I found
on the British Nutrition Foundation website

http://www.nutrition.org.uk/home.asp?siteId=43&sectionId=432&subSectionId=323&parentSection=299&which=

Manufacturers are not obliged by law to provide nutrition information,
unless they make a nutrition claim. For those that do provide
nutrition information, certain rules must be followed.
 The energy value of the food in kilojoules (kJ) and kilocalories
(kcal) must be provided;
 The amount of protein, carbohydrate and fat in grams (g) must be provided;
 Optionally (unless a claim is made) the amounts of sugars,
saturates, fibre and sodium can be provided, if the first four
nutrients have been provided.

 So it seems that your "low fat" Cherry Slice should have nutrition info on
it...

Lesley