[IPk] Pump clinic

Had a pretty bad experience today. Had a lot of not nice things said to me.
I am considering throwing in the towel because I just can't take any more of
this - despite the obvious benefits. All I wanted was some advice re a
couple of things and DSN got right off the point, wouldn't listen, told me I
was obsessed, didn't have the personality for a pump (I thought pumps were
to treat diabetes not personality disorders), etc, etc, etc. I was then told
that I looked like "a frightened rabbit". No wonder - I have never, every in
my whole life been spoken to in the way I was today. I tried to take it
cheerfully, but when I left I was so upset my BG was up to 12. There were
also loads more uncomplimentary comments.

I feel my choices are:

-          complain - can't win that one because they'll just say I was an
unco-operative patient.

-          give up the pump (in which case she has won)

-          spread the word around which I'm doing anyway

-          carry on doing what she says and not get things properly in
control

-          move to another Health Board area - but that's pretty
inconvenient and I can't afford it

Patients are now no longer able to do anything without her sayso because we
are going to have to upload our pumps to the computer at every clinic visit
so that she can see everything we have done . Not a problem when you're
working with rational people . She is going to buy every patient a Carelink
cable except me because she says I can't cope with it. I feel so insulted.

Just had to get things off my chest. Thanks for listening.

Mary Moody