Re: [IPk] List of carbs in UK food

There is a US site which I've been using and even so have found it to
be really comprehensive http://www.nutritiondata.com/
hope it helps
Paula

On 1 Jul 2008, at 10:03, david hales wrote:

> When I was first diagnosed, in the 80's, I had a softback, thickish
> book
> called "Carbohydrate Countdown" (I think) from the BDA (as Diabetes
> UK was
> then). I can't see anything similar now on their website.
>
> Does anyone have recommendations for this important source material
> - either
> in a book or to download? I have found some USA sites, but the
> foodstuff isn't
> as relevant (what's a graham cracker?).
>
> Any help on this?
>
> ThanksDavid Hales > Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 00:16:25 +0100> From:
> email @ redacted> To: email @ redacted> Subject:
> Re: [IPk]
> Re: Profile of Gina Tootill <email @ redacted>> > Insulin
> Pumpers is
> made possible by your tax deductible contributions.> Your donation
> of $10,
> $25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is > needed so that Insulin
> Pumpers
> can continue to serve you and the rest> of the diabetes community.
> Please
> visit:> > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml> > Your annual
> contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail> > Hi
> Gina> >
> Welcome to the list.> > Pumps have moved on a lot even in the past
> 12 years
> since I got my> first pump. My last site infection was 4 years ago
> (user
> error: I left> the set in a day too long) and I have never had DKA.>
> > If
> you're in or near London (or could get here for the evening) you're>
> very
> welcome to come to the quarterly London Pumpers' Drinks on 18> July
> at the
> Chopper Lump (wine bar near Oxford Circus) for a bit of> show-and-
> tell.> > If
> London's not a possibility, a few other cities are hosting pumpers'>
> drinks
> occasionally too; hopefully there will be a session near you>
> sometime.> > Of
> course there's also the possibility of meeting with the pump reps>
> from the
> various companies to learn from them what's on offer! Contact>
> details for the
> pump companies or their distributors can be found on> the pump product
> websites:> http://www.animascorp.com> http://www.medtronic-diabetes.com
> >
> http://www.accu--chek.co.uk (follow the insulin pump therapy links)>
> http://www.cozmore.com> > Melissa> Type 1 15+ years; MiniMed pumper
> 7.5 years;
> Animas pumper 4.5 years and> counting> .>

Paula Briggs
Creative Director
AccessArt
www.accessart.org.uk
01223 262134

Become a member of AccessArt and keep up to date with news,
opportunities and the latest resources:
http://www.accessart.org.uk/membership.php

Registered Charity Number: 1105049
Company Limited by Guarantee Number: 5110197