[IPk] List of carbs in UK food

When I was first diagnosed, in the 80's, I had a softback, thickish book
called "Carbohydrate Countdown" (I think) from the BDA (as Diabetes UK was
then). I can't see anything similar now on their website.

Does anyone have recommendations for this important source material - either
in a book or to download? I have found some USA sites, but the foodstuff isn't
as relevant (what's a graham cracker?).

Any help on this?

ThanksDavid Hales > Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 00:16:25 +0100> From:
email @ redacted> To: email @ redacted> Subject: Re: [IPk]
Re: Profile of Gina Tootill <email @ redacted>> > Insulin Pumpers is
made possible by your tax deductible contributions.> Your donation of $10,
$25, or more... just $1 or $2 per month is > needed so that Insulin Pumpers
can continue to serve you and the rest> of the diabetes community. Please
visit:> > http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/donate.shtml> > Your annual
contribution will eliminate this header from your IP mail> > Hi Gina> >
Welcome to the list.> > Pumps have moved on a lot even in the past 12 years
since I got my> first pump. My last site infection was 4 years ago (user
error: I left> the set in a day too long) and I have never had DKA.> > If
you're in or near London (or could get here for the evening) you're> very
welcome to come to the quarterly London Pumpers' Drinks on 18> July at the
Chopper Lump (wine bar near Oxford Circus) for a bit of> show-and-tell.> > If
London's not a possibility, a few other cities are hosting pumpers'> drinks
occasionally too; hopefully there will be a session near you> sometime.> > Of
course there's also the possibility of meeting with the pump reps> from the
various companies to learn from them what's on offer! Contact> details for the
pump companies or their distributors can be found on> the pump product
websites:> http://www.animascorp.com> http://www.medtronic-diabetes.com>
http://www.accu--chek.co.uk (follow the insulin pump therapy links)>
http://www.cozmore.com> > Melissa> Type 1 15+ years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years;
Animas pumper 4.5 years and> counting> .>