RE: [IPk] Removing Gunk

What about a Brillo Pad!

Not really!

Stuart, we have something called Appeel wipes, which we asked for because Sasha
used to get sticky residue from the infusion sites on her tummy.  However now
that she has the sites in her upper buttocks we dont get the same problem.  At
least she never mentions it. So we havent used the rest of the box.

Anyway. if you would like a few of these wipes.  Send me your address off list
and I will bung some in an envelope tomorrow.

Jackie

PS this is the product

http://www.jcn.co.uk/journal.asp?MonthNum=03&YearNum=2005&Type=backissue&Article
ID=776
This product from CliniMed Ltd has many new benefits for patients: an advanced
'no sting' formula (even on sore skin) to release adhesives in seconds, a neat
and easy-to-use aerosol which sprays at any angle and has an in-built
moisturiser which will not affect the adhesion of further dressings or pouches.
'No sting' soft wipes make removal of sticky adhesive residue very easy and
painless.

Appeel. was designed and formulated in the UK using the latest silicone
 technology. It has been evaluated and refined in close consultation with
nursing
professionals and patients and is available now on NHS prescription using the
following codes: 50ml aerosol: 3500 and pack of 30 moist wipes: 3505.

If you would like a sample to try, call free on 0800 585125.

> Hi all,
>
> I have now being on the Guardian RT for a week, and I
> am experiencing only one small problem. The Double
> sided sticky pad that affixes the transmitter to the
> body is incredibly sticky. The sensor is also sticky
> but at least it doesn't leave a gunky mess behind. I
> have tried Sterets and they remove some of the gunk
> but not all of it, so I thought a shower using a
> shower puff would sort it, no-way!
>
> Does anyone have any advice on how to remove the gunk?
>
> I only have the monitor for another week, so don't see
> the need to get anything on prescription, but if
> anyone has any home / DIY tips it would be most
> appreciated.
>
> Stuart.
>
> 27, Type 1 17 years, MDI of Humalog and Lantus, but
> not for much longer ;-)

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0631-0, 31/07/2006
Tested on: 31/07/2006 23:18:19

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0631-0, 31/07/2006
Tested on: 31/07/2006 23:20:25