RE: [IPk] HELP NEEDED Sasha's Pump had died

Hi Steve

The pump is still not working and the US personnel say that they can't contact
the UK Medtronic people until Monday so we will have to start an injection
regimen anyway.  It looks like we wont get a pump until sometime on Monday at
 the earliest. I will try ringing Paula, the Medtronic trainer tomorrow in case
she can help. Or maybe the hospital have a spare pump.  However it wont be any
use ringing the hospital until Monday.

Jackie

> Hi Jackie
>
> They will get one to you quickly. In my case it was 6 hours partly
> because of location, and partly because of the time of day (weekday
> during the day - lot of traffic on the road).
>
> You could always basal the same basal insulin as the pump gives as a
> stop gap. Remember - if you are going to get a replacement you don't
> want Sasha on a full injected basal anyway. You just want to keep her
> ticking along. That would at least avoid the all night wait. Check her
> BGs in the morning and bolus accordingly. Make sure you are covered for
> hypo, too just in case (though hypo is probably less likely than high
> BGs at the moment).
>
> By tomorrow lunch time you could be all set again.
>
> Hope it all works out.
>
> I've not been so well myself today, so slept five hours this afternoon.
> That means I'll probably be up half the night. If you just want some
> reassurance in the meantime I'm on MSN.
>
> Steve
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 0630-4, 07/29/2006
> Tested on: 7/30/2006 1:13:40 AM
> .

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-4, 29/07/2006
Tested on: 30/07/2006 02:24:10