Re: [IPk] HELP NEEDED Sasha's Pump had died

Hi Jackie

They will get one to you quickly. In my case it was 6 hours partly
because of location, and partly because of the time of day (weekday
during the day - lot of traffic on the road).

You could always basal the same basal insulin as the pump gives as a
stop gap. Remember - if you are going to get a replacement you don't
want Sasha on a full injected basal anyway. You just want to keep her
ticking along. That would at least avoid the all night wait. Check her
BGs in the morning and bolus accordingly. Make sure you are covered for
hypo, too just in case (though hypo is probably less likely than high
BGs at the moment).

By tomorrow lunch time you could be all set again.

Hope it all works out.

I've not been so well myself today, so slept five hours this afternoon.
That means I'll probably be up half the night. If you just want some
reassurance in the meantime I'm on MSN.

Steve

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-4, 07/29/2006
Tested on: 7/30/2006 1:13:40 AM