[IPk] Re: More alarms

Hi

My pump is a minimed 508 and I use 'Medtronic Minimed' batteries- 357  silver
oxide. I get them supplied from the hospital..I have used other brands in  an
emergency and they don't last nearly as long (minimed batteries last 6 wks).
I have used different packs of batteries but have still got the low battery
warning. If it happens again (remembered to 'earth' myself last time) then I
think I will ring the helpline again.

I did wonder about the humidity. I have purchased a Frio pack, but it's
 quite bulky so I wouldn't be able to wear it with everything. Not sure how that
would affect the insulin by putting the pump in and out of the pack depending
on  what I'm wearing?

Not sure about thefts of pumps. I don't take mine off often and have never
had any questions about it.

Re: wearing a pump with a dress. Depending on the straps/neckline..I wear  it
in my bra (in a baby sock). Has to be a 'crossover' type bra..not underwired.
 I'm also hoping to buy some i-boxers which could come in very useful. But
 it's so hot at the minute, that I'm putting it in a pocket (trousers/shorts) or
 clipping it to a waistband. Where can the 'vetwrap' be purchased from?

Thanks again for all the suggestions..always pleased to hear any.

Kirsty
T1 33yr (pumping almost 4yrs)