[IPk] batteries

On the subject of batteries, I got an Animas IR1200 at the beginning
of Feb and only changed the single AA battery a couple of weeks ago
for the FIRST TIME! I couldn't believe it had lasted so long. Anyway,
I wondered if any could advise me about when it is necessary to
change the battery in this pump - when I changed it I had only lost
1/3 on the battery symbol but don't know if this is a measure of
imminent failure or whether actually the battery would have lasted
much longer? The pump had also beeped at me a low battery warning
which is why i was prompted to change it rather than wait. I couldn't
find an answer in the instruction book.
Thanks,
Sarah
DM 10y this month! pumping 3.5y