RE: [IPk] (Fwd) As the web form is down, please could you post this on t

Hi Kate

That must have been very scary!!!

Goodness knows what he thought it really was.  I think that most people think
 that Sasha is wearing an MP3 player if then catch a glimpse of it. I guess if I
saw a someone with something similar I would think that's what it was.

PS How much did he offer you for it??? LOL

Jackie

> Subject:  Insurance/mistaken identity of pumps
>
> Although obviously as pump is attached nearly 24/7 you're unlikely to
> lose/have stolen, it is possible that pickpockets or beach thieves
> might
> nab them!
>
> On this point, when I was travelling (South America) and also on the
> tube, I do fear that someone will think my pump is something valuable
> (I've often been asked if it's a pager/ipod) and try to steal it.
>
> I usually clip my pump to the back of my trousers - prime pickpocket
> location on busy public transport or the jostle of the street. Fear
> that
> the stickiness of the infusion set might not withstand a tug.
>
> Bizarrely, someone approached me on the tube last month when i was
> fiddling with pump to set a temp basal rate and asked where they could
> buy one! Foreign. Asked if he knew what it was ("yes"), are you
> diabetic
> ("yes"?! surely not understanding my question) and then insisted he
> wanted to buy mine! asked if I was with the security services! Pump as
> secret spy equipment? Luckily getting off at next stop anyway!
>
> Has anyone else had any odd questions as to what their pump is?
>
> Kate
>

> Kate Dickinson
> Trainee Solicitor
> Allen & Overy LLP
> One New Change
> London
> EC4M 9QQ
>
> Direct +44 (0)20 7330 3632
> Tel. +44 (0)20 7330 3000
> Fax +44 (0)20 7330 9999
> email email @ redacted

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-3, 28/07/2006
Tested on: 28/07/2006 22:44:22

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-3, 28/07/2006
Tested on: 28/07/2006 22:44:39