[IPk] (Fwd) As the web form is down, please could you post this on t

Subject:	As the web form is down, please could you post this on the IP
UK discussion list? Thanks
Date sent:	Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:08:23 +0100
From:	<email @ redacted>
To:	<email @ redacted>

Subject:  Insurance/mistaken identity of pumps

Although obviously as pump is attached nearly 24/7 you're unlikely to
lose/have stolen, it is possible that pickpockets or beach thieves
might
nab them!

On this point, when I was travelling (South America) and also on the
tube, I do fear that someone will think my pump is something valuable
(I've often been asked if it's a pager/ipod) and try to steal it.

I usually clip my pump to the back of my trousers - prime pickpocket
location on busy public transport or the jostle of the street. Fear
that
the stickiness of the infusion set might not withstand a tug.

Bizarrely, someone approached me on the tube last month when i was
fiddling with pump to set a temp basal rate and asked where they could
buy one! Foreign. Asked if he knew what it was ("yes"), are you
diabetic
("yes"?! surely not understanding my question) and then insisted he
wanted to buy mine! asked if I was with the security services! Pump as
secret spy equipment? Luckily getting off at next stop anyway!

Has anyone else had any odd questions as to what their pump is?

Kate

Kate Dickinson
Trainee Solicitor
Allen & Overy LLP
One New Change
London
EC4M 9QQ

Direct +44 (0)20 7330 3632
Tel. +44 (0)20 7330 3000
Fax +44 (0)20 7330 9999
email email @ redacted

-----------------------
This email is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not
the intended recipient please delete it and notify us immediately by
telephoning or e-mailing the sender.  You should not copy it or use it
for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person.

Allen & Overy LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in
England and Wales with registered number OC306763. The term partner is
used to refer to a member of Allen & Overy LLP or an employee or
consultant with equivalent standing and qualifications. A list of the
members of Allen & Overy LLP and of the non-members who are designated
as partners is open to inspection at its registered office, One New
Change London EC4M9QQ.

For further information about how Allen & Overy LLP is regulated,
including with regard to insurance mediation and other financial
services, please see our website at
http://www.allenovery.com/regulatory