RE: [IPk] American cooking..help!

Hi Kirsty

If you go to any shop that sells baking tins etc Waitrose, Sainbury's,
Wilkinson's  Professional Cookware they sell either plastic or metal measuring
 cups. These are very common and I find them useful for Sasha to measure out her
cornflakes etc.  The also sell sets of those spoon measures too.
http://tinyurl.com/ncet7

Kind Regards

Jackie Jacombs mum of Sasha aged 12, diagnosed 1999, twin sister Rebecca both
coeliac, two older girls, Nicki and Danni, husband Terry

> Hi
>
> I've got a nice cookbook that I'd like to use, but it's an American book  and
> I don't know a lot of the ingredients. Not sure if theres a Brit alternative
> or whether its stuff I can't get here. I would be grateful if anyone could
> 'tranlate' these for me!!
>
> shortening,zucchini,buttermilk, cornstarch, cornmeal,cornsyrup and American
> cheese (? whats the nearest alternative). Many thanks if anyone can help!
>
> Also would anyone who prepares gluten free food be prepared for me to  e-mail
> you off the discussion board? I am about to put my daughter on a  gluten-free
> food diet (husband has coeliacs disease) and would appreciate any  tips on
> good books/recipes that are geared more towards children.
>
> R.E: Insurance. I have now e-mailed my DSN for further information/reasons
> for insurance. I will let you all know the response when I get it.
>
> Thank you
>
> Kirsty
> T1 33yrs (pumping almost 4yrs)
>
> P..S June..I'm on the minimed 508. When I need to change a %..I have to  work
> it out for each basal rate and round it up to the nearest figure, when
> reseting.
> .

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0630-2, 26/07/2006
Tested on: 26/07/2006 23:51:28