RE: [IPk] new pumps for old

Jackie,

Yes, I live near Denver but still retain many (most) of my
connections with England.  In fact, I only just returned from holiday
last Tuesday after four weeks in England and Scotland.  My guess is
that most of the people in this group don't see it this way but, from
my point-of-view, the country still has a heck of a lot to offer.

I posted some information about my conversation this morning with the
Medtronic rep.  Pumps may be upgraded via their Paradigm Pathway
Program.  This is the URL:
http://www.minimed.com/products/insulinpumps/pathway/

The bottom line is that it would cost me about $1300.  The actual
upgrade is $300 and the transmitter is $999.  The sensors cost $35
each and last for three days.  None of this is presently covered by
US health insurance companies.  I'm going to upgrade but it will
probably be a couple of months before I make the leap.  I intend
using the sensors for educational purposes.  It will be useful to see
what happens to my BG during the night.

Once I've upgraded, I'll doubtless have a lot to say.

Tim C.