[IPk] Re: ip-uk-digest V3 #558-Alarms/Insurance

Hi

had a problem with alarms yesterday. I'm on the minimed 508 pump and  changed
my batteries last week, only to get another alarm to change my batteries
 yesterday (I use the minimed batteries and they usually last 6wks) on replacing
the batteries the screen would not return to 'normal' and I had to reset the
time/date/dosage etc (alarm E-01). Everything seems to be working fine now,
but  when I rang the helpline to check (never had to ring them before) I was
 told it was static electricity and to 'earth myself'. Has anyone else had this
problem  because their explanation sounds a bit odd to me!

Also, I have read on the boards that people put their pumps on their house
insurance. I checked with my hospital whether I need to do this and was told-
yes. I know this probably sounds stupid but why do I need to insure NHS
 equipment? If I didn't insure it..would I not get a replacement or would
another
 pump obtained through insurance..be mine (and not hospitals). I'm getting a bit
 confused!!

Thanks for any advice

Kirsty
T1 33yrs  (pumping nearly 4yrs)