Re: [IPk] Hypers unlimited!

Hi Rhoda
I've occasionally had problems like this for no apparent reason, usually
lasting about 4 days or so, and then everything returns to normal.
As Melissa says, my only solution is to be really bold with the basal
and whack it up to at least double the normal rate. Correcting by bolus
alone never seems to work. Once you've established that boluses aren't
going to bring it down, you can really be quite bold initially. I had a
problem last year and my DSN advised to do exactly this, and to also
keep bolusing double my normal correction bolus every 4 hours if my BGs
were still high after increasing the basal. It worked really well.
Good luck!
Di