[IPk] For Rhoda- back up pens failing!

Hi Rhoda
Hope you are feeling a bit better today. In regard to your back up pens not
working. I found one night when my infusion site failed I tried to have insulin
 with my back up pen but it wouldn't work. I think it was because I had stored
it
 with a new needle on but i think the insulin must have blocked in the needle.
In
the end I put a new cartridge in and new needle and it then worked fine. Since
then i carry my pen without the needle attached but keep some spare pen needles
in my blood testing machine (which i always have with me).
Anyway hope you have managed to get hold of the DSN today to try and sort out
the problem
Sara Davies
Pumping 9 weeks and loving it!!!