RE: [IPk] For Melissa?

Hi Nikos

I had no idea just how a sensor actually worked before, thanks.

Have you had any problem with using the same sensor for long periods?  I assume
 that there might be dangers from having the same sensor left in the body for
too
long a period?

Jackie
> To use the sensor more than 72 hours is easy. You don't even have to
> disconnect / reconnect the sensor. You just do the procedure:
>
> Home screen>sensor>sensor start>start new sensor.
>
> The pump ask for a BG in a
> minute and in 15 minutes start to give accurate results without the 2
> hours waiting.
>
> As for more calibrations = more accurate results is not true. You must
> choose the time to calibrate your sensor when your blood sugar is
> stable. If you calibrate with lows and his at times when there is a
> fats change on your BGs then the sensor going crazy.
>
> Try to remember that with the sensor on you must cure the trends and
> not the BGs. If you manage to straight your BG curve then its easy to
> control your Diabetes without his, lows or complications.
>
> I use a Freestyle mini and I enter the BGs manually to the 722 because
> there is no BD link meter or BD strips in Greece.
>
> Take care
>
> Nikos Filippou
> Thessaloniki, Greece
> age 36, DXed T1 1986, pumping MM722RT with sensor on
> .
> -----

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0629-2, 21/07/2006
Tested on: 23/07/2006 14:59:31