[IPk] Bubbles survey

Hi Nanette
Apologies, I missed the original mail, so here is my  response..

1. Which pump do you use?

Paradigm 511

2. For how long have you used  this pump (approximately)?

3 years

3. Which insulin do you use (Humalog,  Novorapid or other - if other,
specify)?

Novorapid

4. Do you use prefilled  cartridges?

No

5. If you fill your own cartridges, do you  see bubbles while filling, and do
you have problems getting rid of the  bubbles (often, occasionally, rarely)?

Yes, often (did not have these problems with the  previous 'loan' pump, 508)

6. At other times, do you find  bubbles in the tubing or cartridge which cause
problems of high BG  and/or difficulty eliminating the bubbles?

Yes (but check regularly for them now..much of my insulin is  used in priming
to get rid of bubbles)

7. Before filling  the cartridge, do you leave the insulin bottle out of the
fridge for  some time?

Yes

8. Do you fill the cartridge slowly and gradually or  swiftly?

Tried both! But slowly now.

Often, have problems with air in tubing after disconnecting  for a shower,
etc. Tubing seems to lose pressure and insulin flows  backwards?!
Bubbles more common in warm weather (like now) and whilst  flying.

Thank you very  much

Nanette