[IPk] Re: Statins

Just another word of caution about statins.

A couple of years ago my GP prescribed Atorvastatin for me as my  cholesterol
was high. I have diabetes because my pancreas was removed, due to  chronic
pancreatitis. Taking Atorvastatin caused 'pancreatitis-like' symptoms,  and
 upset my liver function tests. Once i stopped taking it, everything returned to
 normal. Since then i have been more watchful of the amount of fat i am eating,
and my cholesterol levels have stayed within normal range.

Just something else for people to be aware of.

Sue.