[IPk] Re: Magazines for Melisa WAS Micropumps for Wendy

Hi Melisa,

http://www.diabetesnet.com ("The Diabetes Mall") is the best site for buying
books about diabetes, especially pump books, that I have found. _Pumping
Insulin_ is a book, not a magazine. The guy who runs The Diabetes Mall, John
Walsh, is one of the co-authors of _Pumping Insulin_. He is an American
long-term type 1 with credentials similar to those of a DSN. (ALL the pump
companies take advice from him!) The Diabetes Mall charges (I believe) GBP 4
per order for UK shipping. That is a pretty decent price considering that
some of the items that The Diabetes Mall sells are not easy to find in the
UK. All the items on the site are priced in US dollars so you can benefit
from the strength of the pound too! (http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic is
a useful currency conversion calculator.)

There are no regular monthly magazines that one can subscribe to that cover
insulin pump use specifically. The best monthly magazine I know of that
regularly publishes information on insulin pump use is _Diabetes Health_
(http://www.diabeteshealth.com). A one-year subscription sent to a UK
address costs US $37.95, which is about GBP 21.00. Another good diabetes
magazine is _Diabetes Self-Management_, which is US $36 per year (about GBP
20) for a one-year subscription to any address outside the US.

Hope this helps,

Melissa
Type 1 13+ years; MiniMed pumper 7.5 years; Animas pumper 2.5 years;
_Balance_ reader only when John Davis is in it ;> .