[IPk] first HBA1c result since starting pump

I got my first HBA1c today since starting to pump - it was 7.8%. I was hoping
it'd be a bit lower but i've only been pumping 6 weeks and the reading 6 weeks
before (the day i started the pump) was 8.8% so it has come down 1% in 6 weeks.
My lowest HBa1c on MDI ever was 7.4% and this was trying really hard, hardly
eating and on the verge of a hypo all the time so i'm quite pleased with the
7.8%. Hopefully now i can tighten up even more and get it to under 7% which is
my aim, my consultant wants it under 6.5% to get pregnant so i still have a way
to go yet.

thanks for all the advise about my trouble with the quicksets this week.
Tonights pump change has gone okay. I put the quickset in the fridge (on advise
from the minimed rep) and also pressed down on the inserter after it went in!!
so fingers crossed i won't get any NO DELIVERY alarms for a while!!

Sara Davies

pumping 6 weeks/ paradigm 512/quicksets 6mm/ humalog