[IPk] Immune system and DM

Hi all
Been awol again as I have been busy (in process of moving house) but  also
been ill. Briefly, tired, nauseous, washed out, hot and cold,  catching
 everything going, and even a cold can floor me. This has been going on for some
time.
(Months?) Pain in joints and spells of swollen  glands, sore throats now a
horrible chest infection. On top of all this,  terrible candidiasis despite
various treatments. Anyway, went to docs.  Thought it could either be
 heart/liver/kidney related. Did tests including ECG. This was fine. But blood
tests,
 repeated again, showed my immune system is shot and there is inflammation in my
body, but we don't know why  or where. He is ordering more tests, including
 toxoplasmosis, lyme disease and for something called cytomegalovirus (sp?). He
 said treatment for first two is unpleasant but necessary. Treatment for third,
nothing but  take echinacea every day and hope. He also said it could all be
related to  the diabetes and a whole system thing. I would like to know if
anyone has  any expereince of this before? Effects on BG's are awful, as
 expected. I am sick of being sick! Had ME some years ago but it was nothing
compared
to this.
Any info gratefully received!
Helen