RE: [IPk] No Delivery alarm - 512 paradigm

Hi Sara

When we were having the problems Sasha had only been pumping three weeks.  Two
weeks on saline and as soon as we started using the insulin we began to have
problems.  I think we might have been putting the sites too near the tummy
button trying to avoid areas already used.  Have you tried doing the insertions
when sitting down or being less upright so to speak.  Three of the no delivery
alarms we had were very soon after we had put in new sets.  Twice it happen
almost straight away and the next time was on her first day at school with the
 pump and as she bolused for lunch. She had been at home during the morning. So
it wasn't the best start.  I did find it very stressful because at the time we
were so new to pumping we didn't know whether it was the pump, the tubing, the
infusion set, or where it was placed.  However it soon all worked out.  But it
 was quite worrying at the time because we were also worrying about all the
other
aspects of pumping and getting them right.

Jackie

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0627-3, 07/07/2006
Tested on: 09/07/2006 21:59:09