Re: [IPk] Any info re Glucosamine??

Dear Rosemary,

  As with all things 'medical', my understanding is that if the benefit of
glucosamine/chondrotin out way the 'risks', It is something that should be
considered. I have always, - and will continue to say that if someone says they
have been cure from a disease by 'hugging trees' ------- just carry on 'hugging
trees'
  I feel that it is a start that your consultant has suggested this remedy to
you, and that hopefully you will continue to monitor closely your BS results and
if any changes report back to him or your DSN or Diabetic consultant straight
away. Sorry I'm not much help but please let me know how things go.

  Loretta

email @ redacted wrote:

Hi everyone

I have a bit of osteoarthritis and my consultant has recommended that I take
Glucosamine (1500mg daily) and Chondroitin (1200mg daily) on a long term
basis to help with this. He knows I have Type 1 Diabetes. However, there's a
warning on the container of the Boots tablets I bought about checking with your
doctor if you have diabetes, so I thought I'd better look into it.

Checking briefly online, it looks like there probably isn't an issue - the
question I think is whether glucosamine can increase insulin resistance.
However, there is some debate about it.

Does anyone have any views? I'll check with my diabetes consultant but would
be interested in thoughts.

Thanks

Rosemary