Re: Re: [IPk] Any info re Glucosamine??

Hi Rosemary

I've been using it for a couple of years.  I
haven't noticed any difference in glucose control
that I would put down to this, tho things can be a
bit unpredictable with the Diaport sometimes...

I've found it to be very effective - I use the
glucosamine and chondroitin skin patches at
www.indigohealth.co.uk.

HTH

Lesley

---- Begin Original Message ----

On 7/3/06, email @ redacted
<email @ redacted> wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I have a bit of osteoarthritis and my consultant
has recommended that
> I  take
> Glucosamine (1500mg daily) and Chondroitin
(1200mg daily) on  a long term
> basis to help with this. He knows I have Type 1
Diabetes.
> However,  there's a
> warning on the container of the Boots tablets I
bought about checking with
> your
> doctor if you have diabetes, so I thought I'd
better look into  it.

> Checking briefly online, it looks like there
probably isn't an issue - the
> question I think is whether glucosamine can
increase insulin resistance.
> However, there is some debate about it.
>
> Does anyone have any views? I'll check with my
diabetes consultant
> but  would
> be interested in thoughts.

 This message was sent from the free private e-mail service by easy.com, the
portal site owned by Stelios and the easyGroup. This email service is available
to all members of the public to use for personal reasons only. Not all
subscribers to this e-mail service are representatives of an easyGroup company.