Re: [IPk] HUGE RANT! B****^ consultant!

>My favourite line along the same lines was from my old GP.  Before I went on
>the pump I used around 100-150 testing strips a week and having got my new
>pump ask for another 50 strips so that I could maintain control.
>I was told my the GP that I should only be doing at most 2 tests a day, and
>I should be aiming for 1!  I said that with the pump that was unworkable and
>I was told that I should know what my levels were without testing!  Also, as
>I was on the pump my chances of gaining complications were "dramatically
>increased". So I should go in for an appointment at least once a month.

Extraordinary isn't it, Sam. Via the taxes we pay (income tax, VAT,
tax on the profits companies make on the goods we buy, death duties
etc) the doctor will be paid for the "professional" advice given.
Some of us are meek enough to accept a doctor's advice at face value.
Not all of us have the guts (or instinct?) to challenge what we are
told. Good on you for changing doctor.

John
--
mailto:email @ redacted