RE: [IPk] Channel 4 documentary

>Also wonder whether many people are being pressurised to eat too much at
diagnosis

I think this may be a no-win situation for Dieticians. When I was diagnosed
as a young teenager with Type 1 - I really could not get enough food -
eventually I got up to 290g of CHO a day with only a slight increase in
weight but I was still hungry!!!!! After a few months the hunger disappeared
and the Carbs came down. However it did have some advantages - my diet
became very rich in fibre which has meant that generally the foods I eat now
are at the lower end of the GI! I think I was lucky - the hospital dietician
spent along time with me and her knowledge of diabetes as well as diet
appeared to be enormous - I think I learnt more from her than I did from the
consultant!!!!!!

Adrian