Re: [IPk] From an article in Times Online about the new national guidelines for treating type 1 diabetes

> Hello - I have a friend whos 8 yr old is diabetic and
> Insulin depnedent. I am a pump user myself and I am
> tryng to persuade him to get her to change to pump
> therapy. Can I hear from parents of child pumpers - is
> it the right thing to do??
>
> Also - she has now had two epileptic fits in the last
> 6 months - the Doctors say it is unrelated to her
> diabetes but each time her BS is about 4 upon
> recovery........is it just a hypo???

These are most likely low bg seizures not epileptic fits. For more info
about kids, see the KIDS page of the web site at:

http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/pkids.shtml

and/or join the Parents of Pumpers mail list. Just drop a note to
email @ redacted and ask to be added to POP.

Insulin Pumpers web site and mail lists are the largest support forums in
the world for the users of insulin pumps. There are over 4,600 members,
including many Dr's, CDE's, RN's, and over 700 kids who started pumping
at ages 10 days thru teen (or their parents). If a challenge has come up,
one of these many contributors has surely faced it or something similar
and can tell how they solve the problem.