Re: [IPk] New infusion set - Unomedical Inset

Michael,

Thank you for the clarification on the Maersk/Unomedical deal. It is my
understanding that at least some of the same facilities are in use under the
Unomedical banner as had been used when the infusion sets were technically
made by Maersk--that might be why someone had described the
Maersk-->Unomedical transition to me as a name-change rather than a
spin-off. Is that right, or has Unomedical built all-new factories?

Curious,

Melissa

>  I note that my Disetronic Tenders are made by Unomedical as well. Used to
>  be
>made by Maersk.

Maersk was a conglomerate involved in everything from communications to
shipping (big ships), etc... About a year ago (I think) the infusion set
division was spun off and acquired by a venture firm that invests
primarily in medical oriented companies. Unomedical has received a new
infusion in cash and instead of pretty much sitting on the sidelines and
waiting for someone to ask for a new product, they are actively
developing new products and seeking new markets for them. The Inset was
2 1/2 years in development and I expect you will see additional products
as time goes on. These guys are heavyweights and really know what they
are doing. I was very impressed with their level of commitment and their
expertise in all matter pertaining to infusion set design and
manufacturing.