[IPk] Re:Various Notes

Ken,
My experience with Easyjet only came about because they found my equipment
at the Security Gate of Inverness airport. This was not a problem when I
explained what it was for. The Security people told Easyjet who then
approached me in the departure lounge to invite me to pre-board. In view of
the usual scrum to board an Easyjet flight with no seat allocation, this was
too good an opportunity to miss! My usual policy is to say nothing.
I usually fly with BA and as a member of the frequent flyer/executive Club,
I have the fact that I am a diabetic using CSII recorded on their database
along with seat preference etc.
I was once stopped at security at Atlanta airport - they spotted the pump
which did not set off the alarm in the metal detector, but this just lead to
what Melissa would call a "teachable moment" - the security guard was Type 1
ID and wanted to know all about the pump. He was so inthralled by it that he
went away to try and get one himself!
Talking of Melissa - can I also recommend her Expert Column on the Medscape
site. Well worth a read for anyone interested in the treatment of diabetes.
It is a great pity that I am over 30 - otherwise I would answer her ad! I
can also report on behalf of us male pumpers that I have been asked the
question "Where does your pump go in?" by curious females.

Ian Grant