[IPk] Vitrectomy

Hi folks,

I will be having a vitrectomy soon and went for my pre-op assessment today.
There seemed to be a lot of confusion about staying on the pump during the
 procedure. I'd been told it would be OK beforehand and I stuck to my guns! (OK,
being in the profession might have helped, but I shouldn't have needed to use
that...)  In the end I opted for the local anaesthetic option as that seemed
to confer most benefits (pump rather than IV sliding scale, no need to stay in
hospital overnight etc).

I've had plenty of info about the surgery itself but it tends to have been
 from a medic's rather than a patient's point of view. I'd really appreciate any
comments or tips from anyone on the list, especially those who've stayed on
the pump during surgery and those who've had a vitrectomy under general or
local anaesthetic.

508 2 yrs +