Re: [IPk] insulin and hot weather

Hi folks
Well I discovered last night that something else is going on apart from the
insulin. I refilled with new insulin from the fridge and everything seemed OK
last night. Then I woke up at 4am, tested and found I was back to 18 mmol/l.
Took 6 units Humalog, woke up at 6.30am, 16 mmol/l still.
Changed the set again (the old one looked fine when I took it out, and it was
less than a day old), took another 5 units of insulin and waited. By 11am it
had come down to 11 mmol/l. Took another 1.5 units and it came down to 10
mmol/l by 12.30. Not sure now if the problem is still there or if it's just
taking a long time to come down after being high for so long.
I guess this afternoon will tell.
Running out of things to try now. I can't believe 3 sets in a row can be bad,
and the insulin is well in date and fresh from the fridge. No pump alarms,
insulin is coming out of the needle properly....
No infections, stress, unusual medications etc.