RE: [IPk] Constant basal requirement?

Hi Jos

 It does seem like a very similar pattern and I am pretty sure that Sasha isn't
going into puberty. A lot
 of her clothes are for children aged 7 to 8 years and she is only just 9 years
old and small for her age.
 It is certainly worrying if you are still getting the lows at night and then
the high levels later. We
 haven't seen any good levels in the morning at all. Of course with us it might
be because we give the
 Lantus in the morning and it wearing off by then, but that is not the case with
Emily. We have had such
 high levels all day, most readings are over 12 mmols. What worries me is that
when we were giving 12
 units of Lantus Sasha really drops in the morning between breakfast and lunch
even though two hours
 after breakfast her levels are fine. If this is always happening I suppose we
can give a snack but I
 don't know if we would be able to delay or miss a meal out and keep steady
levels. Which defeats the
whole purpose of using Lantus.

What happens when Emily skips a meal?

 It must be very frustrating for you at the moment, especially with Robert to
think about also.