RE: [IPk] Constant basal requirement?

 At the moment were are having worse BG readings than back when we were on
Mixtard 30.

 Most of the last 48 hours her blood sugar reading are bouncing around between 8
and 12 mmols. When I
 correct we do not have a predictable result. I have had to correct a high of 12
mmols in the middle of
 the morning. Which we hardly ever had to do before, but this resulted in a low
BG later. The previous
 day During the night if Sasha is over 12 mmols it takes much more insulin than
it used to to take the
 levels down, then on another night the usual one unit is too much. It actually
seem less predictable
 than NPH, plus I don't like to not be able to give less insulin if she suddenly
decides to play hard
outside for a couple of hours. I could do this with her split dose of NEPHI.

  It must be something that I am not doing right but I am not sure what. I did
expect to have to make
 adjustments and get used to the way it works but I didn't know it would take so
long with such poor

 I have spent many nights now missing huge chunks of sleep checking correcting
or just leaving things to
 see what happens. Its not good at all. I am determined to carry on for longer
and see if there is any
 improvement. I really feel like going back to NPH because we are going away on
holiday soon and had
 hoped that we would have more flexibility with meal times but this is not
proving to be the case. We are
checking much more often at the moment but this is not really helping.

Tried and frustrated
Jackie Mum of Sasha