Re: [IPk] Combined Glucose Monitor and Insulin Pump

I was thinking about this only yesterday myself. I suspect (but this is
only my opinion, it's not based on medical knowledge or evidence or
anything else!) it may be because of how we inject insulin - different
absorption rates, since we inject subcutaneously. ie it takes a while for
the full amount to be taken into the capillaries, then to be transported to
cells and have all the other processes jump into gear for absorption to
occur. When you consider that IV exogenous insulin delivery has a far more
immediate effect and lasts for a shorter period of time, it seems to hold
true? Anyone got other and/or better ideas on it?