Re: [IPk] URGENT help with weird airline request!

Helen - the best advice, as I and so many people have said on here many times,
is *don't tell them anything unless you have to*.

Go to checkin, when they ask you if you have any sharp implements etc, say no.
If they find sharps in your hand luggage and complain, tell them you need them
for medical purposes. If they make a fuss, tell them it will be on their
heads if you fall unconscious and they have to make an emergency landing to
save your life. But I can guarantee you they won't bat an eyelid.

I've flown US Airways several times recently to the US and had no problems at
If you tell them you have sharp objects, they will make a fuss. If you don't,
everything will be fine. Same goes for the pump, and anything related to
diabetes. Don't tell them anything!!!

Oh, and just put all your pens, needles etc that you're not going to be using
for the first week in your checked-in luggage. Much better that way. If your
luggage gets lost for more than a week, you can easily get more and claim it
on your insurance / from the airline. Just don't put insulin in the hold as
it can freeze.
Have a good trip and don't worry about it!
I've been flying several longhaul flights per year for the last few years and
never had a single problem with this attitude.