Re: [IPk] Dreams

On Friday 18 Jul 2003 11:45, email @ redacted wrote:
> Diana,
> Thanks for speedy response. Wow if only diabetic health care manufactures
> were as efficient as you !
> I'm staggered at how slow progress is with diabetic health care!
> We can build space stations etc etc but can't seem to make an insulin pump
> that is reliable or has REAL benefits over injections.

I think before you start SHOUTING at everyone (*grin*), you should do a bit of
reading - especially at http://www.insulin-pumpers.org.uk/

Insulin pumps do have real advantages over injections for many people - as
you'll realise if you read the site mentioned above, or read this mailing
list for a while :o)

Im delighted with my pump; it has, quite honestly, changed my life. Yes, an
'all in one' solution would be nice, but I'm fond of having control over my
treatment and the idea of handing that over to a software system (however
advanced) is one that I would approach with caution.

You might also want to look at this site to see what work is currently being
carried out: