[IPk] Late blood sugar rises and now, What to pumpers do?

In message <email @ redacted>,
Jackie Jacombs <email @ redacted> writes
>I dont really want to go back to Actrapid as I feel its a step backwards.

Why backwards, if it works?  I went 'back' to the older monotard from
the 'new' insulatard, and found _for me_ that it is more predictable,
and met my basal curve better than anything else.  Sure, it is good that
we have newer insulins available, because that gives us a variety of
curves, and sometimes (as with lantus) more predictability - but there
are some good 'old' insulins out there - with, always excepting that
work of the devil, the pre-mixed insulins.  Going 'back' to a pre-mix, I
agree, would indeed be a step back (unless, of course, the pre-mix is as
a basal only).

Best wishes,

Pat Reynolds
email @ redacted
   "It might look a bit messy now,
                    but just you come back in 500 years time"
   (T. Pratchett)