RE: [IPk] Late blood sugar rises and now, What to pumpers do?

 Thanks Di. I am trying different things. It may just be that the last few days
meals have been either,
 higher fat, or protein than usual. I do get a bit concerned that Sasha is going
low soon after the meals
 because that is what was happening when she was diagnosed with coeliac. She
would go low, then very high
 again later. I am wondering if some of the GF products that contain wheat
starch with the Gluten
 removed is affecting her. Damaging the gut. In the UK we use the Codex grade
wheat starch with the
 gluten removed, but actually there are always molecules of gluten left behind
and in the US, Canada and
 some other countries, they will not allow wheat starch to be listed as GF, but
as low gluten. Some
 people cant tolerate the GF wheat starch, but some can with no ill effects, but
as the twins have never
 had many noticeable symptoms it's difficult to tell. The trouble is that the
gluten free wheat starch
 breads etc are much more like "real" bread and taste better and keep longer.
The twins are not keen on
 some of the things made with strange flours, like potato and rice flours. Nor

 I did think about using Actrapid for the evening meals but I didn't really want
to go back to that again.

 So what to people who pump do to deal with peaks that come later, hours after a
meal. I know you can
 increase the basal rate but how do you know just how much to give. Is it always
quite predictable how
 much and when the BG will increase? Or do people just test oftener and bolus
the amount after the rise?