Re: [IPk] RE: A big MOAN

I think from the consultants' point of view, a lot of them are scared to
look after people on pumps because they feel they don't have sufficient
knowledge, which is understandable. They have to take time to learn
about pumps, and many of them would rather not have to. Can you imagine
if they gave you some bad advice about doses or something and something
terrible happened? They don't want to take that risk. Of course, I don't
  condone this attitude, but I think it helps if you can see where it's
coming from. I think that's the reason a lot of consultants won't
recommend pumps for people, because they themselves are worried they
don't have the knowledge.  I know that doesn't help much though!