Re: [IPk] Re: Can someone help me out please

Hi Julian

I am glad to hear that you have managed to get sorted, although it couldn't
have been any fun.

Is there any information/warnings on the patient information leaflet that
came with the pain killers about the possible effects on blood sugar levels?

>  As to the message i posted last night. After a few hours in casualty due
> to the
>most severe hypo I've had in years, the cause was eventually discovered, and I
>was amazed: I had visited my GP earlier in the day and was prescribed some
>strong pain killers (Co-Proxamol) Apparently one of the side effects of these
>pills is that it can lower your blood sugar without any warning. Something so
>simple, yet I had no idea. I've had no more of the pills and after all the IV
>stuff etc my blood is now running at a steady 7 - 7.9.

Diabetes Insight
mailto:email @ redacted
There are No Problems only Solutions