[IPk] Pumps on Sky News

Hi all,

 As it was such a last minute thing, it was on so early (live at 7.10am) and not
everyone has Sky, here's a brief update of how things went.

 We had very little information beforehand, but when Sky phoned me to confirm
arrangements, it seemed pretty clear that they wanted an overview of INPUT and
its aims, to follow on from the taped piece about Jamie & Debbie. Within 2
minutes of arriving, I was sat on my own in an unmanned studio. Two minutes
after that, with almost no introduction, I was on air talking to Steve Dixon.

 He started by asking me how much pumps cost, then launched straight into some
pretty aggressive stuff suggesting that most diabetics manage OK without and
"why should the NHS fork out for such expensive things?". I ended up on the
defensive having to try and justify pumps - not easy when the approach was so
unexpected. I think I did reasonably OK, but only someone who was watching will
be able to confirm that. The director apologised afterwards for the aggression,
but I wasn't impressed.

 The piece on Jamie & Debbie, which included footage of John as well, was shown
at half hourly intervals during the morning. This was quite positive, but fairly
superficial. If anyone managed to watch, it might be useful to e-mail Sky with
comments - John, any thoughts on this?

Best wishes.

(not feeling too bruised today)

Join Freeserve http://www.freeserve.com/time/

 Winner of the 2003 Internet Service Providers' Association awards for Best
Unmetered ISP and Best Consumer Application.