Re: [IPk] no insulin

email @ redacted writes:

> I asked him when his was diagnosed expecting him to say
> recently and he said five
> years ago. Another woman in her 30's recently DX was also taking tiny amount
> of
> insulin.
Some of us have only ever and may only ever need tiny amounts of insulin.  I
use 10 - 15 units total per day (basal + boluses) which works out as about 0.2
units per kg per day for everything.

Following my diagnosis (back in the early 70s) I recall a period shortly
afterwards when I needed no insulin at all, and my parents wondered about the
 diagnosis / hoped that it was wrong (although a week on the intensive care unit
 when I was diagnosed did rather imply that there was something serious going on
:) ).

And I sure ain't having a honeymoon period now :)