Re: [IPk] Type A or B Diabetes - which one do you have?

email @ redacted writes:

> Then this woman (who happens to have an
> >opinion on
> > everything and is very two-faced with it) said "Oh, yes, Diabetics, well
> >it's
> >an
> >illness to do with too much sugar."

Hi Barbara,

And the myth that diabetes is _caused_ by eating too much sugar still
 prevails. Only yesterday I was speaking to someone whose husband has just been
diagnosed with type 2  and she expressed this view.

Fortunately, she had actually sought me out to ask my advice, as she knew I
was diabetic and was also aware herself that she (and he) didn't know much
about the topic, unlike your know-all!