[IPk] High BGs - what am I missing?

Hi all, I need some help!

Did a set & cartridge change yesterday morning. 2 hours later, BG was 4.5 -
everything fine. However by the afternoon my BGs were 12 or 13 and it was
taking a lot of bolusing to bring them down, and even then I only got them
down to around 10. All I'd eaten was a Pepperami and a CapriSun and I know I
didn't miscalculate my bolus for that!

Realised in the evening that there was an air bubble in the tubing, so primed
that out and thought everything would be OK. But BGs still stubbornly around
11-12 and infusion site feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Anyway I did another change before going to bed (not something I'd usually do
but this was an unusual situation). Woke up this morning with BG of 20 and
another air bubble in my tubing! What's going on? What would be causing these
air bubbles to develop? Should I change the insulin cartridge?

Now I'm just waiting for the huge bolus I took to kick in...

Many thanks for all your help,

Karen (D-Tron for almost 1 year, DM for 18 years)