Re: [IPk] Re: Insulin dosage

email @ redacted writes:

> It is interesting to that my basal dose is 18 units on Lantus, and was
> >20units of Humalog on the pump.  This shows that the pump provides no
> better
> >absoption if the injection technique is good with rotation of sites

Hi Louis,

Was your basal total 20 units or was that your total daily usage?  You are
also comparing two different insulins.

And even allowing for that, it may not be poor injection technique or
rotation which causes the problem: injection into different areas of the body
 produces different absorption profiles, and MDI for years - if you have
relatively
 few available sites - can also produce unpredictable results despite scrupulous
care.

Mary