Re: [IPk] Glucotrol

In a message dated 7/9/2003 8:18:23 PM GMT Daylight Time, email @ redacted

> She confused Glucotrol (generic name glipizide) with Glucosol (herbal
> supplement)

Having looked at the article (but not explored the web - I am trusting
 Melissa on this one :) ), I would agree that this person does not do her
properly, and I disagree with some of her opinions on other topics.  If she is
 really referring to glipizide, then this is of course a sulphonyurea whose main
action is to augment insulin secretion - so useless for type 1s.  I take
Abi's point too (but depends what drug is really being referred to in the