RE: [IPk] Re: Insulin dosage

 We are still finding problems with getting the right dose of Lantus. She was OK
for two days on 14 units
 but then when the Lantus really started working she was dropping dramatically.
This meant that we had to
 cut right back on the boluses that day which in turn meant that at times she
was too high so we
 couldn't calculate whether the basal rate was correct or not. The bolus ratio
has changed since being on
 Lantus so we are trying to stabilise things. One of the problems is that we
opted for Sasha to start
 Lantus in the mornings, because she has no dawn rise and has quite a few hypos
at night which mean we
 have to get up and check every night at 2.30 am or let her BG run permanently
high which I am not
 prepared to do. So we don't get a good long run without food to really check.
The night levels have
 been too high due probably to cautious bolusing after going to low during the
day. So because the night
 levels have been raised we haven't been able to tell if we have the dose right.
No doubt it will all
 settle down when we start off the morning with good levels to begin with.
Thanks for your information.
 It seems that quite a few people have had to reduce there starting dose as the
days go by.

Mum of Sasha aged 9